Monday, March 25, 2013

Another Landscape Attempt Part II

"I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape."
                                                                                                                - Andrew Wyeth


Continuing work on the landscape painting

The work on my latest effort at landscape painting continues. It's hard not to accidentally make each clump of grass and reeds look the same as the last. I get into a kind of rhythm and then realize they are too evenly spaced, or all the same height. At some point I have to jump in and finish the foreground in the bottom left but I will admit to being nervous about it. Those reeds will be very close to the viewer and therefore less forgiving. 

Overall I've surprised myself with this painting. I didn't expect to have so many successful elements in it. I had started the painting as a practice piece but now, if everything goes well, I may end up calling this a keeper.

No comments: