Thursday, May 08, 2014

And Now For Something Completely Different

 "Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the "Titanic" who waved off the dessert cart."
                                                                                                                               - Erma Bombeck




It would be a far stretch to say this has anything to do with Art or Nature, but I had to share a recent find that I spotted out of the corner of my eye in an antique store. I believe it's a handkerchief (or perhaps a napkin/serviette, but the material is very thin) from the '50s or '60s. I get such a kick out of this. What a hoot! Particularly because the box of candy and butter are marked "DANGER" but the cake, pie, goose liver pate, chocolate bar and milkshake are not.

If you've seen one of these before or know more about this vintage piece, do tell!

No comments: