Friday, June 02, 2006

Illustration Friday - Portrait

1st try

2nd try







I have always had the automatic disclaimer "I don't do people", until a few years ago a friend of mine brought a picture of her granddaughter to work and I suddenly found myself strongly drawn to do a painting of it. I've included my first and second attempts here. Although I do like the looser, almost sketchy feel of the first one, my second try is much more of an actual likeness to my subject.

All of the illustrations in this blog are copyrighted, so don't be a jerk and use them for your own selfish purposes. Thanks.

9 comments:

Alina Chau said...

beautiful and lovely!

AnastasiaC said...

This is wonderful - I love the expression on the baby!

Liz Jones said...

This is adorable!!

JO said...

Nice job.

Brandi said...

So adorable! How can you not love this! Brandi

penelope said...

Please link to a static page next week by clicking on the date of your entry. :)

A static page is linked to your blog's time and date. Go to your blog, click on the time and date of your post. You'll notice that the window changes to only show that one particular post. That is the url you should use to link to Illustration Friday. That way, in the future, when people go looking for your post, they will find it easily.

Visit the "About" section on Illustration Friday to find out more...

Thank you!

penelope

Ellen said...

Great piece!

openroundtop said...

you mastered this one on the second try! watercolor can be hard to control, but the child you painted looks very realistic. i love your use of detail, highlights, and the dramatic eyes!

justannax said...

Really beautiful!!