Monday, September 26, 2016

Moving To A New Blog


But if making art gives substance to your sense of self, the corresponding fear is that
you're not up to the task...that you're not a real artist, or not a good artist, or have no
talent, or have nothing to say...  Making art can feel dangerous and revealing...Making
art precipitates self-doubt, stirring deep waters that lay between what you know you
should be, and what you fear you might be. For many people, that alone is enough to
prevent their ever getting started at all...

~ David Bayles & Ted Orland
   Art and Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking



In 2006, I posted my first blog post. I was testing the waters of the Blogosphere as I tested my resolve to become a working artist. Here we are, 10 years later and a lot has changed. So much so that I don’t feel like this blog really fits me anymore. With much planning (and even more procrastinating and nail-biting), I’ve decided to “go public” with being an artist; put my name and my work out there, and see what happens. Having a new blog that better reflects where I am in my artistic journey is an important part of this next step.

To kick off the new blog, I'm starting a "30 Pears in 30 Days" project on October 1. Intrigued? Well, check it out.

Along with the project, I'll still be sharing my latest work on the new blog and my thoughts on the art process and being an artist, but on a more regular basis. I also hope to do some video demos at some point in the near future, as well as linking my professional website with the new blog and offering artwork and prints for sale through my new Etsy site. Whether you've been with me from the beginning or came on board along the way, thanks for being here. I hope you'll join me on this next adventure. So it's not good-bye, but see you at my new location!






No comments: