Sunday, March 01, 2009

Daily Sketch - More or Less



















So me and my big plans have now met reality. With two classes a week, freelance work, a day job and a few essential things like sleep, doing a decent sketch every single day is not happening. There just aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week! I may have to resort to posting all my "daily" sketches once a week. Now if I didn't have to have the day job, then I could sketch all day and post them whenever I felt like it. Wouldn't that be the life! Maybe I should make myself into an artistic charity and people could donate their hard-earned money to keep me from having to work for someone else. Hang on - let me enjoy that fantasy for a minute...

Anyway, I've been sketching from a book on shorebirds this week. Sketching from photos never gives as satisfying a result as from a living, breathing, 3 dimensional model, but beggars can't be choosers in the middle of winter. (Yes, I have a birdfeeder and no, not a single bird has visited it, even though I have stocked it with two different kinds of food designed to attract the broadest diversity of avian life.) I suppose I could sketch my cat every single day (and push myself even closer to being a Crazy Cat Lady) but eventually even her cuteness would wear off. I really can't wait for spring.

No comments: